Saturday, November 15, 2014

Testimony of Hector Aleem

My main charge was blasphemy under section 295 C that has only one punishment which is the death penalty. While I was in prison, many other charges were lodged against me so that I could not come out and start my work that I left (my missionary work and construction of the church).

This incident was on December 21, 2010. It was my hearing date that day. I was brought from prison in front of the judge. My wife and both of my daughters were also there for the hearing; they were covering their faces. I thought that it was a normal hearing.  The judge called, and told me that after one hour your case judgment will be announced (not the blasphemy case, the other case) but this was a false case of land grabbing.  It was actually a church land where a church was to be built which was already there many years ago but was destroyed by Government of Pakistan.  My only fault was to struggle to rebuild that church.

When judge called me after one hour, he awarded me seven years punishment without any proof and evidence. I wasn't allowed to have a lawyer. And almost $2500 in fines and in case I cannot pay the big amount, I would have to spend 2 more years in prison as a penalty. In short, it was of total nine years imprisonment. I was shocked and very upset, and I thought that it's totally illegal and baseless. My wife and both daughters started to cry and I was so helpless and didn't know what to do. After the hearing, I was taken back to the prison. And there I was put into a dirty and isolated cell. That night, I cried a lot and I screamed with pain and the feeling of being deserted. I could not sleep that night, and I prayed all night. I asked God why He has forsaken me and why I am suffering like this. I asked Him that when you know the truth that it was not a land grabbing case but I peacefully struggled for the rebuilding of the destroyed church than why you still let it happen to me? Then I decided that I would go on 10 day fast, I will eat and drink a little after every 24 hour.

When I completed my 10 days fast, that same evening, a prison officer came to my cell and told me that I will be shifted to another cell. He said that you are being shifted to another cell because your sentence has been finished because the High Court Chief Justice took an action against the judge that awarded me a long sentence without any evidence. That judge was removed from the Government Service and he ordered an inquiry against that same judge. “Now your sentence has been removed and your record is clean and you are as innocent as a little child” the officer said. And those false charges (against me in that particular case) have been dropped. I thanked God and it was my great testimony in prison that it never happened that a judge be granted a punishment for awarding illegal punishment. After that I became stronger in God and my faith got stronger than ever. Our God is great and He is good. Satan keeps doing his work and God allows him to do things against us but God does His work in time and his timings are perfect. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment